Apple Knoll Farm is proud to host the annual USEA Schooling Horse Trials Championships for Area 1!
The Schooling Horse Trials Championships is an end-of-season competition designed to demonstrate all of the great skills that competitors and their horses have worked so hard to achieve throughout the year. The objective of the SHTC is to standardize the levels, provide opportunities for students to show more often at different facilities, and to present a goal for lower level riders without the added pressure to move up; all while promoting Area 1 venues.
JOIN US Saturday, September 10th, for the 2023 Schooling Horse Trials Championships!
We will also be offering a non-championship division for those that did not qualify.
Official Photographer: FlatlandsFoto / Joan Davis
Important Information & Rules (Please Read Thoroughly):
OPENING DATE: Tuesday, August 9th, 2022
CLOSING DATE: Sunday, September 11th, 2022.
Late entries or changes accepted solely at AKF's discretion and if entry limit not already reached; $25 late / change fee does apply. Any entries received after limit is reached, will be added to a wait list.
TIMES: Will be posted on our website and Facebook page by the end of the day Wednesday, September 14th. Subject to change at any time. **It is the RESPONSIBILITY OF THE ENTRANT (OR ENTRANT'S GUARDIAN) to check the times for updates.**
STABLING: Limited on-site stabling available for this event.
!!OFFERING BOTH CHAMPIONSHIP AND NON-CHAMPIONSHIP DIVISIONS!!
(Apple Knoll Farm reserves the right to combine or eliminate any classes / divisions with less than 4 entrants):
- Beginner Novice
- Novice (Non-Championship Only)
- Combined (No Cross Country): Pre-Elementary through Preliminary Levels
- Dressage Only: Test of Choice
You qualify for the Championship division if you:
~Have placed 1st - 3rd at any Schooling Horse Trials after October 10th, 2021.
~Have completed any 4 Schooling Horse Trials since October 10th, 2021.
Please fill out the box on the entry form listing your qualifications if participating in the Championship.
AWARDS: Ribbons for 1st - 6th and prizes for Championships. Divisions will be divided Jr. and Sr.
Ribbons 1st - 6th for Non-Championship divisions.
PAYMENT: Venmo, Paypal, or mail check with entry; instructions provided in "Payment Method" section below. Payment due upon submitting entry. $10 Late fee may apply after 24 hours of non-payment after submitting entry. **NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS after closing date, no exceptions.**
RATES (ALL Fees Non-Refundable After Closing Date):
- Championship Horse Trials: $150 Per Entry ($100 refundable through closing date. Remaining $50 non-refundable at any time)
- Non-Championship Horse Trials: $125 Per Entry ($100 refundable through closing date. Remaining $25 non-refundable at any time)
- Combined (No XC): $65 Per Ride
- Dressage Only or Extra Tests: $35 Per Test
- Extra Stadium Rounds: $30 Per Round
- Entry Late / Change Fee: $25
- Payment Late Fee: $10
RELEASE: Online liability release due prior to arrival at Apple Knoll Farm:
COGGINS: Current negative Coggins must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to arrival at Apple Knoll Farm.
FOOD: Snacks, sandwiches, and water will be available for purchase on grounds.
***SERIOUS DROUGHT STATUS IN THIS AREA - PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN WATER FOR YOUR HORSE***
- Apple Knoll Farm reserves the right to decline any entry for any reason.
- ALL areas of the farm, except the designated show areas, are restricted.
- Dogs MUST be on leash and non-disruptive.
- USEF, USEA, and USDF guidelines apply.
- Certified helmet with attached chinstrap required when mounted, and safety vests required when jumping. Clinic attire accepted.
- Show will run regardless of weather.
More qualifying farms and schooling show dates may be added, so be sure to check back regularly.
To our qualifying farms, we greatly appreciate your participation! This event could not take place without you.